Find More Work with +50 Alternatives to Thumbtack
Last updated: August 18, 2019
Are you a home improvement professional looking to find more work? Whether you’re a brand new home service business or you’ve been looking to pick up more work lately, it’s good to know your options.
So whether you’re tired of Angie’s List or looking for more apps like Thumbtack, we’ve done the hard work for you, and created a definitive list of where a home professional can find work online in 2019.
Bookmark this page:
Bookmark this page and be sure to check back often – we update this page regularly with brand new sites, listings and directories for contractors to find work online.
The Top 10 Websites Like Thumbtack to Find More Work:
- Amazon Home Services: https://services.amazon.com/selling-services/home.htm
- Angie’s List: https://www.angieslist.com
- Bing: https://bingads.microsoft.com/
- Craigslist: https://www.craigslist.org/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/business/ads
- Google Local Services: https://ads.google.com/local-services-ads/
- Groupon: https://www.groupon.com/merchant
- Home Advisor: http://www.homeadvisor.com
- ThumbTack: https://www.thumbtack.com
- Yelp: https://biz.yelp.com/
More Websites Like Thumbtack To Find Work:
- 1 800 Remodel: https://1800remodel.com/
- Adopt a Contractor: https://www.adopt-a-contractor.com/
- Bidwilly: https://www.bidwilly.com/
- Bloomchase: https://www.bloomchase.com/
- Buildzoom: https://www.buildzoom.com/
- CitySearch: https://www.citysearch.com/
- Clean Energy Experts: https://www.cleanenergyexperts.com/
- Consumers’ Checkbook: https://www.checkbook.org/
- Contractors.com: https://contractors.com/
- Craftjack: https://craftjack.com/
- eLocal: https://www.elocal.com/
- Fieldnation: https://www.fieldnation.com/
- Flamp: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.flamp.mobile&hl=en
- Foursquare: http://business.foursquare.com/
- GenTask: http://gentask.info/
- Handy: https://www.handy.com/
- HomeGuide: https://homeguide.com/pro
- Homeflock: https://homeflock.com/
- Home Reno Care: https://homerenocare.com/
- HomeServe: https://www.homeserveusa.com/
- Homestars (Canada only): https://homestars.com/
- HomeYou: https://www.homeyou.com/
- Houzz: https://www.houzz.com/
- Hux: https://www.hux.com/
- Improvenet: https://www.improvenet.com/
- Insider Pages: http://www.insiderpages.com/
- Judy’s Book: https://www.judysbook.com/
- Kahuti: https://www.kahuti.com/
- Lead Genesis: https://www.leadgenesis.com/
- Local.com: http://www.local.com/
- Lula: https://lula.life/
- Manta: https://www.manta.com/
- MerchantCircle: https://www.merchantcircle.com/
- Modernize: https://modernize.com/
- Movers: https://www.movers.com/
- Needto: https://needto.com/
- Networx: https://www.networx.com/
- Porch: https://porch.com/
- Pro.com: https://pro.com/
- Pro Referral: https://www.proreferral.com/
- Quality Smith: https://www.qualitysmith.com/
- QuoteRunner: https://www.quoterunner.com/EXPERT_SIGNUP
- Service: https://www.service.com/
- ServiceWhale: https://servicewhale.com/
- Sitejabber: https://www.sitejabber.com
- SMITH: https://www.gosmith.com/
- Solar Reviews: https://www.solarreviews.com/
- Staffy.ca (Canada): https://www.staffy.ca/
- Super: https://www.hellosuper.com/servicer
- Sweeten: https://sweeten.com
- Takl: https://www.takl.com/
- Talk Local: https://www.talklocal.com/
- Task Rabbit: https://www.taskrabbit.com/
- The Home Fixers: https://www.thehomefixers.com/
- Troolr: https://troolr.com/
- Upwork: https://www.upwork.com/
- Wonolo: https://www.wonolo.com/
- Yahoo Local: https://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/local
- Yellow Pages: https://www.yellowpages.com
- Zaarly: https://zaarly.com/
Cancellation Rates - The Key to Your Success?
Not all lead sources are created equal, and some can have cancellation rates as high as over 50%.
There are so many costs to advertising online including membership costs, costs per lead and so this is often a forgotten expense you have to take into consideration.
So – what are the cancellation rates for sites like Thumbtack?
A Few Industry Benchmarks from 2018
Did you know?
The average cancellation rate for contractors who advertise online is 20%.
A few other facts and figures you might want to know before shelling out any cash:
- In 2018, Bing had a cancellation rate of over 54%.
- Groupon’s cancellation rate was only 9% in 2018.
- Craigslist cancellation rates rose by 68% from 2017 to 2018, or from 21% to 31.%
Curious about an ad source you’d like to advertise with?
Then you’ve gotta read our full report.
Read the Full Report:
Which Sites are Best to Advertise Your Service Business?
Thumbtack? Angie’s List? Google? Facebook? Websites like Thumbtack?
Which sites should you invest your advertising dollars in and which are just going to waste your money? Which sites have high cancellation rates and which are low?
We surveyed over 3,500+ home service businesses to understand which online job sources are going to help successfully find you more work and which will end up costing you money.
Read our full report to get the inside scoop.