The commission report shows a break down of jobs closed along with the relevant payments, taxes and commission splits.
The top row of the report will always show the total for each column so this tool can be very useful for getting profit amounts and total for parts or taxes.
For the commission report navigate to:
Reports > Commission Report
Filters & options
You can filter and arrange your report by many different dimensions.
- Report type – Standard / Technician / External. The commission report can be generated in 3 ways with different field preference. This way you can generate reports for your employees showing a break down of their commissions as well as your external companies for a break down of their commissions.
- Job type – Show only jobs with this job type.
- Technician – Show only jobs for one specific technician. Note: Each tech that has jobs within the selected time range will have a number next to his name showing the job count.
- Metro area – Show only jobs from a metro area.
- External company – Show only jobs from a specific external company.
Note:You can choose “External only” to view only jobs that came from external companies.
Note: Each company that provided jobs within the selected time range will have a number next to its name showing the job count.
- Ad group – Show only jobs from a specific ad group.
Note: You can choose “Only my” to show only jobs from your ad groups I.E no external companies.
- Time range – Choose a time range for your jobs. You can select from the offered options or enter a custom time range.
- Report by time – Select a time dimension for the jobs in the report. Show jobs that were Created/Scheduled/Closed within this time range.
- Export – Export this report to an Excel spreadsheet.
- Export by mail – Mail this report to any Email address.
- Fields – Edit the fields for this report. Read more about this in Report fields.
- Print – Print this report.
- Send bulk – Read more about this in Sending Bulk Reports.
Note: The commission report can be used in three different modes. Standard, Technician & External. Each one has different fields and can have its own field settings to allow you to not only use this report for your totals and taxes but to create reports for your employees and sub contractors.
For more about balances read managing balances.