Adding a metro area
1. Make sure to enable the Metro Areas add-on in on your account by clicking the top Settings icon and then Add-ons.
2. Go to your settings, again by clicking the top settings icon and then clicking Settings.
3. In your settings, click the metro areas tab.
- The name of this area – (Example: San Diego north county …)
- Center zip code – (An approximate zip code that represents the center of this area)
- Mile Radius – (A mile radius around this center that is considered part of this area)
- The color for this metro area – Optional, you can set the schedule to show jobs with the color of their metro area.
- Default tax – Select a default tax rate for this area, different counties have different tax codes.
- Advanced area selection – Draw the geographical area of this metro on a map for greater precision.
6. Click save to create your new Metro area
Selecting an area on a map
To select an area on a map.
1. Edit or create a metro area
2. Set the Advanced area selection to on.
4. In the Enter location field enter the town/city name you want to mark, to quickly zoom in on it.
5. Click the area select icon
7. Got it wrong? No problem, click the clear shape button to start over.
8. Click save to save your new preferences.
In your jobs
Now that you have your areas defined, Workiz will try to auto assign them for you based on the job’s location.
1. Add a new job or lead
2. In the address search field, start typing an address.
Once an address is selected, Workiz will auto select the relevant metro area or show you the closest one.
Alternatively, you can manually select one.