Your Workiz account has four main statuses for open jobs (“Done” and “Canceled” jobs do not show on your schedule)
- Submitted – Scheduled waiting to be assigned/dispatched.
- In Progress – Assigned to a team member and dispatched.
- Pending – Waiting for parts/call back or any other stage of the work where something is missing to complete.
- Done pending – Some business don’t want techs closing jobs on their own, so they will place a job in this status. So you or a manager can look it over and close it.
Sub status examples:
- In progress – On route: Tech is on the way.
- In progress – Working: Tech is working.
- Pending – Waiting for parts: Waiting for a need part to finish work.
- Pending – Needs to follow up: Job was postponed and waiting for the client to reschedule.
- Canceled – Too late: We were late and the customer canceled.
- Canceled – Too expensive: Client decided the on-premise estimate was too much.
Adding a sub status
1.From the top-hand navigation bar, click the Settings cogwheel.
2. Click Sub Statuses.
3. Click Add New to create a new sub-status.
4. In the pop-up:
- Select the parent status (one of the main job statuses.)
- Name your new sub status.
- Pick a color tag (optional.)
- Click Create to save.
5. Your new sub status is added to your list and ready to be used in jobs.
Notice: Once you add a sub status to a parent status you will not be able to select that parent status anymore (Only the sub-options.)